Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jugendstil


For the ones that are really wondering what the hell these 3 pictures have in common, I will give you an answer in a the form of a Wikipedia description.


Art Nouveau (French pronunciation) is an international movement and style of art.
The name "Art Nouveau" is French for "new art". It is also known as Jugendstil, German for "youth style", named after the magazine Jugend, which promoted it, and in Italy.
A reaction to academic art of the 19th century, it is characterized by organic, especially floral and other plant-inspired motifs, as well as highly stylized, flowing curvilinear forms.
(Source: Wikipedia) 
The past few days we have been studding this art era  on school and I was so inspired by this art movement to make this mood board.I tried to hand pick a couple of items that in my eyes are very much in line with the jugendstil style. I wanted to translate the organic and floral lines from the Jugendstil in to an every day outfit. I hope I succeed and even more than that I hope you like it.


Alexander mcqueen jackets RED
3,795 GBP - matchesfashion.com
Print jacket »

Alkemie + Poppy Ring
$91 - econsciousmarket.com
Metals jewelry »

1 comment: