Sunday, February 27, 2011

express your colours


Woman in green jacket, Macke
I love art a lot and I am ashamed that I didn’t post a lot of art post on my blog. To make things better I decided to make a little set based on this summer/spring fashion wear. Because of the bold colours, the first art movement I thought of was the Expressionism. This movement was all about the feeling, the expression and basically painting what you wanted to express. This movement is one of the purest cultural movements in the 20th century. Originating in Germany at the start of the 20th century. Its typical trait is to present the world in an utterly subjective perspective, radically distorting it for emotional effect, to evoke moods or ideas.
But now you are wondering, how can I translate this trend in to the current fashion season? Well as wel as in the expressionism as in the fashion shows with clothes for the spring and summer of 2011, we saw a lot of colours, bright colours,  colour blocking and a lot of prints.
To achieve my expressionism based look, you will have to accept colour back in to your life. Not that I don’t like my blacks and greys and nude colours, nut this look is all about colour.

kandinsky improvisation
The first look is based on a painting from Kandinsky . The paining is titled: “Improvisation” and is one of the many  abstract painting from expressionism. The painting has a lot of colours but when you take a quick look, blue and yellow and red are the colours that stand out the most. So for these look I mostly used these colours. 
Kandinsky



Vincent van Gogh, sunflowers

The second look is based on not a painting but a painter. Vincent van Gogh was a painter that made paintings in lot’s of cultural movements (like Picasso did) but the big difference between the two is that Vincent had a signature way of painting and used flowers and landscapes a lot in his paintings. That’s why I decide to make the second set all about floral prints. 
vincent van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment