Monday, October 10, 2011

miu miu 2012


Who just like me was expecting  a very sophisticated, very womanly show from Miu Miu felt quite disappointed after seeing the show. After Miu Miu’s 2011 Autumn/Winter show my expectation were high for this spring summer show. Miuccia herself defended her collection by explaining that she designed this collection with simple lines in mind and had only 15 days.  15 days were not enough to setup a great collection she showed.  The show started out quite dark for a summer collection showing us lots of dark colors. Luckily that changed during the show and we were treated on more color and the use of lace in the designs.


My dislikes for the show were the purses which were  clearly based on the old vintage French glamour bags of the 30’s. I did not hate all of the bags but the most of them were just not executed well. The Prada based heels and boots were also a big disappointment although they fitted the collection perfectly. Don’t get sad right now. There were some promising highlight, the sophisticated Miu Miu looks were there and the capes with lace on them introduced a very familiar Miu Miu feel.
Miu Miu made a very risky collection in my eyes, but I have to give a big thumbs up to Miuccia for surprising us again. I hope Madame Prada next time will take more than 15 days  to plan her surprises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment