Friday, January 18, 2013

Video // Mercedes-Benz CLA

Mercedes is back with another short film. This time it's to promote their Mercedes-Benz CLA . The film is directed by Ryan McGinley, one of the youngest artists to have a solo show at the Whitney Museum of American Art. The film is quite different from theirs previous ones. When I first saw the film I didn't know what I thought of it.
The fact that aspiring Super model Karlie Kloss was in it was appealing and I loved how she looked in all-white CloĆ©, but was is necessary to put her and a horse into a car commercial? 
A lot of things felt quite off on first sight for me. It wasn't until I Googled the director and read the background story on the Mercedes website and watched the film for the second time that I completely got the story.

As Mercedes writes on their website: "When you see a driver and a car you expect clearly assigned roles: the driver is in control of the vehicle and the vehicle does what it is told. Ryan McGinley turns this logic upside down." 
 Though I expected more from creative direction and co-founder of Dazed & Confused, Jefferson Hack, I think Ryan McGinley did a great job incorporating his own signature into this film. What are your thought on this movie?

Don´t forget to "Like" MDFS on  Facebook, follow me on twitter and Intagram (@mydutchfashionstyle),to be the first to know when new Blogposts are online.

3 comments:

  1. Great film. Love Mercedes.
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to meet u really love ur post..
    If u would like we can follow each other and visit our blog , it will be a great pleasure for us to know ur view about our new blog....
    Hugs, http://laviestsuperbe.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete