Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Inspiration // Metallic love

As you can see I have fallen for the metallic trend. When I first spotted this trend, I think it was around the time H&M did a collaboration with MMM, I at first really didn't like this trend. I thought it just looked like garments were made from tin foil. Although Fashionista's looked cute walking around with a big candy wrapper clutch, I thought this would be a trend me and the rest of the mankind couldn't pull off. It wasn't until I saw the Burberry collection with all the metallic pieces that I started to like believe in a wardrobe filled with metallic items.
Products Used:
BURBERRY PRORSUM: SLIM-FIT METALLIC COTTON SHIRT // BOGLIOLI: HOUNDSTOOTH UNSTRUCTURED BLAZER // LORO PIANA: QUILTED SUEDE GILET // BALMAIN: RAFFIA-INSERT LEATHER MONK-STRAP SHOES // CHARVET: TEXTURED WOVEN-SILK TIE // ACNE: ACE CASH SLIM-FIT JEANS // ALFRED DUNHILL: BUFFALO HORN CUFFLINKS
I have to admit, still not a lot of people are going to rock this trend, but for the ones eager to dive into this trend I took the liberty to play around with some metallic pieces to fiend some wearable metallic items you could incorporate into your wardrobe.
My conclusion? Just go for one bold metallic item. I used a colored metallic shirt for my collage and I just dressed it down. By using different materials and layers you are creating a more modern and unique look without looking like the tin man from the wizard of Oz.
By choosing items you like, working with 'wearable' items from your wardrobe, you can dress down the metallic by creating your own unique look. The key to this look is to fiend the right balance between metal, preppy and wearable. Try to keep the look as effortless as possible.

Don't think this look is going to work for you? No problem. By using metallic accessoires, think of a tie, shoes, chokers, belts etc. you can add as much metallic as you please. The plus about this technique is that you add the metallic instead of working around it.
Helmet Lang metal tip







18 comments:

  1. lovin it great styles. Keep on going!!

    xx Domenic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hier hou ik van!!! <3

    Mag ik jou om een gunst vragen? Ik doe mee aan een bloggers fashion battle en ik wil heeeeel graag winnen! :) Zou je aub op mij willen stemmen? Ik zou het erg waarderen <3

    http://www.followfashion.nl/fashion-bloggers-sporty-chic-2

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb op je gestemd! succes schat!
      xo

      Delete
  3. love your blog .. maybe we follow each other !?

    Go and see my new post :
    www.hypnocake.co.nr

    BADER LAMONT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Het Burberry shirt en de Balmain shoes zijn geweldig. Ik hou echt van Metallic, ik heb tot nu toe alleen nog maar metallic accessoires dus misschien zou ik ook eens een gaaf shirt moeten aanschaffen in metallic :)

    Liefsssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oeh ja! Ik vond het ook echt iets voor jou bo!
      Thanks voor je lieve comment!
      xo

      Delete
  5. Great blog, love it. Would be amazing if you could visit my blog too! Maybe we could follow each other as well if you like? Let me know what you think :).

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Metalic is altijd leuk als je het inderdaad wel rustig houdt, zoals op bijv. die schoenen! Heel leuk :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. All amazing and I don't know how new your header is but I love it! X

    cult-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is your best post :) I really like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whenever I think of metallic, I tend to think of Burberry Prorsum... or a sweet. Depending on what mood I'm in. :-) Liking this trend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wat heb jij een leuke blog zeg! ik ga hier wel even rondscrollen....!

    ReplyDelete