Wednesday, April 16, 2014

OUTFIT | Black Mickey Contradiction

It’s time for an outfit post inspired by a contradiction many fashionista’s face when buying cute looking clothes while still trying to keep an eye on sustainability. The contradiction between looking good while buying polluting clothes is one that inspired this outfit post. As much as I adore this Mickey Mouse sweater, I did feel guilty buying it from ‘not-so-sustainable’ retail chain Primark.
As I mention in my earlier post. In my opinion it's not bad to buy those kind of clothes, yet you do have to be aware of what you’re buying. Besides making your style less environment makes fashion much more fun. I for example for almost all new bought clothes, I do have vintage items to replace it. A good example are these sunnies I’m wearing. Although buying new ones are nice, why not recycle someone else’s pair and give a vintage pair a second life? There are plenty of ways to make your style less ‘polluting’. What are your thoughts on this topic?
Black Vintage Sunnies from Zipper | Black and White Mickey Mouse Sweater from Primark | Black Leather Watch from GUESS | Gold and Silver bracelet from H&M | Black Shorts from WEEKDAY | Black tights from H&M | Bordeaux Red Boots from Dr.Martens 

1 comment: